There are 2.5 Guidance Counsellors, one secretary, Social Worker, Psychologist, Settlement Worker.
The Guidance office is open at 8:30 a.m. every day.
Students are able to make appointments to see their alpha counsellor.
Some roles and responsibilities of Guidance Counsellors are as follows:
- Deliver workshops and seminars
- Implement a process to ensure that all students complete their Response Forms
- Maintain and establish links with elementary and secondary schools, post secondary institutions and community partners
- Deliver and monitor Orientation and Exit Programs and Peer Assistance Programs
- Assist in the transition to post secondary education
- Provide individual assistance and short term counselling for individuals and small group.
- Course selection in all grades
- “Pathways” planning
- Post secondary workshops
- Post secondary applications
- Educational and career planning
- Visits to home forms in all grades
- Employment and volunteer information
- Scholarship information
- Group and individual counselling
- Registration for night school, summer school, and virtual school
- Career Centre