School Bussing Information - please see the bussing link - https://tdsbtracs/schools/inf_frame.asp for cancellations, bus changes and delays.
MPC LIONsNEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS
Use this link to grant permission for your student to participate in various school activities. Any activity that your student is eligible for will appear associated with their name.
monarch eats! (a lot)
Monarch Eats is a mostly student run group that makes sure that the students at Monarch Park have healthy foods available to them every morning and at lunch. Students can also access food during the day from our guidance department waiting room.
This program is expensive! We are fortunate to have grants from TFSS (Toronto Federation for Student Success) and from PC Charities but it's not enough to support the amount of food our students are consuming.
If you are able to support our program, please donate through:
- Cash Online (choose: Nutrition Program Donations - MPC - 2022-2023)
- For a tax receipt (dontations over $10) , use https://tfss.ca/donate/ (make sure you type in Monarch Park Collegiate as your tribute or the donation will not come back to MPC)
- Send your student to school with cash or a cheque made out to TFSS (donations over $10 will receive a tax receipt from TFSS)
The school library is open daily at 8:30 am and after school until 4pm. We are closed for the first half of lunch and in Period 4.
Our website features a blog, research resources, the library catalogue, and access to the TDSB Virtual Library. Our instagram features excellent student reviews of books and daily library updates.
Questions? Contact our teacher librarian Rebecca Green at firstname.lastname@example.org
HOMEWORK HANGOUT is here!
Homework Hangout is running Monday - Thursday from 3:15 - 4:30 in person in room 124. Peer tutors will be available most days.
To access the Homework Hangout Brightspace page and its resources please have your student email email@example.com using their tdsb email address.
For more info, email:
firstname.lastname@example.org or NURIA.ROBLESevans@tdsb.on.ca
Online Learning Graduation Requirement Information:
"Opting-Out of the e-Learning Graduation Requirement
Students may withdraw from the online e-Learning requirement. A parent/caregiver/guardian or student (18 years of age or older or 16 or 17 years of age and withdrawn from parental control) may withdraw by submitting the TDSB Opt Out/Withdrawl Form to their school. No explanation or reason is needed to opt out/withdraw."
Are you struggling with your mental health? MPC Student Services has put together a number of online supports and community services you can access to get help.
Indigenous Helpline - Hope for Wellness: 1-855-242-3310
2023-2024 Student Council:
- President: Shreya Vishwanarayan
- Vice President: Jaime Singh-Yuz
- Secretary: Sahrish Patil
- Treasurer: To be elected
- PR Chair: Madeline Tang
- Accessibility Chair: Not elected yet, selected internally
- ELL Rep: Jason Lee (not sure though, have to confirm)
- Grade 12 Reps: Lily Liu, Luke Theysmeyer
- Grade 11 Reps: Prodipta Saha, Viktoria Dermendzhiyska
- Grade 10 Reps: Evan Goodall, Leila Hunter
- Grade 9 Reps: To be elected
INFORMATION FOR FUTURE MPC LIONS
TDSB Grade 8 to 9 Transition Information for Families
Toronto Public Health needs your Vaccination Record
- Missing vaccines? See your doctor to get vaccinated.
- Meningo...what? Ask your doctor to order the meningococcal-ACYW vaccine for free from Toronto Public Health. You can also get the vaccine at a Toronto Public Health vaccination clinic. Make an appointment online: tphbookings.ca/studentvaccines
- Report Online Report your updated vaccinations: toronto.ca/studentvaccines